Whitelisting Vtiger on Google to use Gmail Sync
After Google announced that whitelisting third-party apps is a mandate, here are the guiding steps for you whitelist Vtiger as a trusted app to continue using Gmail sync.
25 Mar, 2021 - Updated
19 days ago
If you are using Gmail sync with Vtiger and have not whitelisted Vtiger as a trusted app, you will not be able to use the feature from 6th January 2020.
Read more about whitelisting here.
What is Gmail sync
The Gmail sync feature in Vtiger allows you to sync your emails from Google to Vtiger and vice-versa. This way you will be able to access your conversations on both Vtiger and Gmail. Also, emails coming to your Gmail ID will be automatically attached to CRM records when Gmail sync is enabled.
Notification from Google
You will be notified by Google through an email similar to this:
What you need to do
To complete the whitelisting process, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Log in to your Google Admin console.
- Go to Security > App access control from the admin console homepage.
Note: If you do not have access to App access control, you can follow the steps mentioned here to manage apps. The new App access control interface will be available for you automatically in the next few weeks.
- Select Manage Third-Party App Access from the main App access control page.
- Review the app list.
- Search for a specific app name, client ID, or services that the app accesses by clicking Add a filter. If the search is successful, then it means that the app is in use or it is trusted, or both.
- Follow these directions to change access for the app (for example, to mark it as trusted):
- For a particular app, point to its row in the table and click Change access displayed on the right.
- For many apps at once, select all of them and click Change access displayed at the top of the table.
You can set one of the following statuses for an app:
- Trusted – can access all Google services
- Limited – can only access Google services that are unrestricted
To add and mark a new app as trusted, click Add app displayed at the top of the app list and select For web apps. Then, follow these steps:
- Click OAuth App Name Or Client ID.
- Enter the client ID – 356713861711-tuh6umqu686ptigej7362mvrutbgf261.apps.googleusercontent.com
- Click Search.
- Select the app.
- Click Add.
To learn more about the whitelisting process, click here.