Once a Lead is qualified and determined to be a potential sale, it is considered as a Hot Lead and can be converted to a Deal. A Contact record and Organization record will be created simultaneously to store the personal information and company information.
Once a Lead is qualified and determined to be a potential sale, the Lead can be converted to deal by following these steps
- You can transfer related records (Documents, Emails etc.,) to either Organization or Contacts by selecting the radio button during the Lead Conversion.
- Lead record will no more be available after Lead Conversion.
- After conversion, Contact, Organization or Deal records cannot be reverted to the previous state.
If you are dealing business only with a Contact, you can remove the mandatory status of Company field in Leads Module and un-check Organization checkbox in Lead Conversion pop-up; As a result, only a contact record will be created upon Lead conversion.
Vtiger CRM helps you to map Standard fields and Custom fields before converting a Lead to Contact and Organization, or an Deal. The field values will be transmitted to the selected target fields. This will ensure that the data will not be lost upon Lead conversion.
List of standard fields that are mapped by-default in Vtiger CRM
|Lead Field||Field Type||Contacts Field||Organizations Field||Deals Field|
|Annual Revenue||Currency||Annual Revenue|
|City||Text||Billing City||Mailing City|
|Company||Organization Name||Deal Name|
|Country||Text||Billing Country||Mailing Country|
|First Name||Text||First Name||First Name|
|Last Name||Text||First Name||First Name|
|Lead Source||Pick List||Lead Source||Lead Source|
|No Of Employees||Integer||Employees|
|PO Box||Text||Shipping PO Box|
|PO Box||Text||Billing PO Box||Mailing PO Box|
|Postal Code||Text||Billing Postal Code|
|Postal Code||Text||Shipping Postal Code|
|Secondary Email||Secondary Email|
|State||Text||Billing State||Mailing State|
|Street||Text Area||Billing Address||Mailing Street|
|Street||Text Area||Shipping Address|
Standard fields will be automatically mapped but the custom fields should be mapped manually. With only few clicks, you’ll be able to map fields in the lead record to fields in Contacts, Organizations and Deals. However, auto-generated fields such as Created Time, Modified Time and Lead Number cannot be mapped.
Steps to modify the existing fields or map custom fields
Click Lead Conversion Data Mapping
Click Edit button on top right to modify existing field settings or map custom fields
- Target Field type should be identical to the Source Field type. For instance, If Source Field is a Picklist, the Target Field should also be a Picklist Field.
- The Target Field size should be greater than or equal to the Source Field.
- Target Field values should only be mapped once.