Articles in this section
Vtiger CRM API Limits
Bindu Rekha Babu
25 Jan, 2022 - Updated 1 year ago
Table of Contents
This article lists the API limits enforced to ensure every customer gets a stable environment and shared resources are well protected.
To prevent abuse of the API, the number of requests are limited on a per-instance basis. We are setting daily, hourly, and minute limits based on the plan you have subscribed to.
The daily limits have a rolling expiration of 24 hours. If you exceed the limits, the API will send back a response with HTTP Status Code 429.
Note: These limits will come into effect from 1st August 2019.
API Limits as per Editions
The plan-specific per day, hour, and minute level request quotas are displayed below:
|Editions||Day Limits||Hour Limit||Minute Limit||Max Limit|
|Free||3,000 + 100 per day per user||100||20||4,000|
|Starter & Exclusive||3,000 + 200 per day per user||1,000||30||27,000|
|Sales/HelpDesk Professional||6,000 + 400 per day per user||2,000||45||54,000|
|All in One Professional||6,000 + 600 per day per user||2,500||60||78,000|
|Enterprise||6,000 + 800 per day per user||3,000||75||1,02,000|
|Enterprise Plus||6,000 + 1,000 per day per user||4,000||90||1,26,000|
Requests arriving via REST API/Webservices are considered. Mass Retrieve API that retrieves up to 200 records is considered as one request.
All update, create and delete requests are single record requests.
Rate LimitsYou can make as many API requests, but once you exceed the limit, calls will return HTTP status 429.
How do I see my current usage?
Your current rate limit usage is returned in the response headers from each request you make. Consider this example. If the overall API limits are as below:
- HTTP/1.1 200 OK
- X-FloodControl-MinuteLimit: 60
- X-FloodControl-Remaining: 51
- X-RateLimit-DailyLimit: 1200
- X-RateLimit-Remaining: 417
- X-FloodControl-MinuteLimit - The number of requests you are allowed per minute.
- X-FloodControl-Remaining – How many requests you can make before hitting the limit.
- X-FloodControl-Reset – The next time (Unix timestamp), the minute limit will be updated.
- X-RateLimit-DailyLimit – The number of requests you are allowed per day.
- X-RateLimit-Remaining – Remaining number of requests allowed for the day.
- X-RateLimit-Reset– The next time (Unix timestamp), the limit will be updated.
- Gmail Add-on
Was this article helpful?
2 out of 2 found this helpful.
Be the first to comment