Articles in this section
LMS Instructor Console
Table of Contents
What is the Instructor Console?
The Instructor Console helps you create courses. It helps you create or link concepts, exercises, quizzes, and questions for a course. Published courses in the Instructor Console are displayed in the LMS Portal.
It consists of the following modules:
- Courses - Lets you create an introduction for a course.
- Concepts - Lets you create concepts for a course.
- Exercises - Lets you create exercise questions for a course’s concepts.
- Quiz - Lets you create quiz questions for a course.
- Questions - Lets you create questions for a course’s exercises or quiz.
Features of the LMS Instructor Console
Using Instructor Console, you can:
- Create customized training programs.
- Create a repository of learning content by publishing courses, concepts, exercises, quizzes, and questions anytime.
- Link multiple concepts, exercises, quizzes, and questions for a course.
- Upload embedded video content for courses.
- View automated maximum score allocation for exercise or quiz questions.
- Review answers for exercise or quiz questions submitted by students.
- Allot scores to answers for exercise or quiz questions submitted by students.
- Choose difficulty levels for questions such as Easy, Medium, and Difficult.
- View automated Weightage% allotted for a question based on its difficulty level.
- Customize passing thresholds for exercises and quizzes.
- Activate or inactivate a quiz for a course.
- Add course completion certificates.
Click here for the availability of the LMS feature for different editions of Vtiger CRM.
In this article you will learn about:
- Instructor Console
- Installing LMS
- Using the Instructor Console
- Viewing Courses
Installing the LMS
To access LMS, Admin users must first install the Vtiger LMS Extension from Vtiger’s Extension Store.
Follow these steps to install the Vtiger LMS Extension:
- Log into your CRM account.
- Click the Main Menu.
- Click Add-ons on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Look for the Vtiger LMS Extension.
- Click Install.
- Click Yes.
You have now successfully installed the Vtiger LMS Extension.
Note: Once you install the Vtiger LMS Extension, CRM users can access the LMS module and the LMS Portal respectively.
Once you have installed it successfully, follow these steps to find the app:
- Login to your CRM account.
- Click the Main Menu.
- Go to Apps.
- Select LMS.
You will now be able to publish content from the LMS Instructor Console.
Using the Instructor Console
In this section, you will learn how to use the Instructor Console to publish a course.
How to publish a course using the Instructor Console?
Publishing a course in the Instructor Console involves the following:
- Publishing a Course
- Publishing or linking a concept for a course
- Publishing or linking an exercise for a course
- Publishing a quiz
- Activating a quiz for a course
- Creating and adding questions
In this section let us understand the Courses module.
You can view courses in the draft status and those that are published in the Courses List View.
The List View provides you details such as the Course Name, Category, Assigned To, Status, etc.
Note: A module’s columns can be customized using the Manage Columns option.
You can add courses using the + Add Courses button.
From the Courses List View, you can use the following icons:
- Manage Columns - Clicking this you can customize your List View by adding, removing, and rearranging Course module columns. To learn how to configure Manage Columns, click here.
- Follow - Clicking the star icon for a course, you will receive an email or desktop notification on updates to it. To learn how to configure alerts for updates on starred records click here.
- Mass Select - Clicking this radio button you can select all the courses.
- Select - Clicking this radio button you can select an individual course.
Note: Clicking Mass Select or Select the below actions are available.
- Edit - Clicking this you can edit a course.
- Print - Clicking this you can print a course into a hard copy.
- Tags - Clicking this you can assign tags to courses to categorize them.
- Delete - Clicking this you can delete a course.
- More - Clicking this the following options are available:
- Comment - Clicking this you can comment on the course.
- Follow - Clicking this you will receive an email or desktop notifications with the course updates.
- Unfollow - Clicking this you will not receive email or desktop notifications with the course updates.
- Add To Process - Clicking this you can add the course to a process in the Process Designer. To learn this, click here.
To learn more about List View actions, click here.