Articles in this section
Getting Started with Vtiger Pilot Edition
Table of Contents
Are you new to Vtiger CRM? Are you installing and activating the Pilot edition?
Read through to learn what you need to do to plan and activate your CRM.
- What are the essential steps for activating the Pilot edition?
Here is a checklist you can go over to activate your Pilot Edition.
- Identify the success team: Identify those involved in configuring, setting up, and populating the data.
- Decide the scope: Identify and prioritize the goals of the project. For example, bring all customer contact data into a single location or track customer requests.
- Design the flow: Plan the process flow that will guide you in activating and configuring the CRM - for example, mapping out the sales process and deciding the approval matrix.
- Configure and test the CRM: After you have the people and plan in place, configure Vtiger CRM and test it.
- To learn more about the basic setup of Vtiger CRM, check out how to configure your preferences and how to set up your company profile and details.
- Test the system to ensure things are working as you intended. After all, you don't want any accidental test emails to end up in the inbox of your prospects or customers.
- Go live: You are now ready for take-off. Since CRM configuration is constantly evolving, remember to use this checklist again.
- Why should I identify a team for configuration?
Identifying a team will help you clarify who will be involved in the configuration, setup, and population of data. Getting the right people involved before changing a single setting is crucial and will save you hours of tedious rework.
Note: Solopreneurs can decide on what tasks to be completed and when.
- Why should I decide the scope of configuration and implementation?
Deciding the scope of your project will clarify the end goal - what you are setting out to achieve. You can break your configuration project into phases and check them as you go along.
Defining the scope will also help you prioritize the completion of your goals.
- What should I define in my scope?
The scope of your project will depend on what modules you are configuring in the CRM. Some of the goals you might consider are:
- Bring all customer contact data into a single location
- Manage marketing across multiple channels
- Track customer requests
- Track and manage projects
- Configure the mobile app so that field agents can be in sync
- Why should I design the flow?
For example, you will need to map the sales process, decide on the views to display data, the fields, etc. You can even plan the approval matrix if you are using the approval process.
- How to configure the CRM?
Use the following documents (in our Knowledge Base) to learn more about the basic setup of Vtiger CRM:
- Why should I test the configuration?
Once you are done with your configuration, get your success team to test all the flows and approvals to ensure things are working as you intended.