Articles in this section
Telnyx SMS Integration with Vtiger CRM
Table of Contents
Telnyx is a communication network that interconnects with local carriers for global communications. Telnyx can be used for voice, messaging, voice API, and networking solutions. The API’s are designed for fast integration that enables messaging capabilities.
You can use the Vtiger CRM + Telnyx integration to send SMS messages from all your SMS-enabled Vtiger modules directly to your contacts via the Telnyx delivery network.
Depending on your location, you can send SMS messages using a local number or your business name using an alphanumeric sender ID. For example, MT-AADHAR123 is an alphanumeric sender ID.
Benefits of Telnyx Integration
- Cut your messaging costs by leveraging a private network with no access fees.
- Allow customers to message you via local, national, or toll-free numbers (depends on location)
Integrating Telnyx with VTiger CRM
You must have a Telnyx account to integrate with Vtiger CRM.
Follow these steps to integrate Telnyx with VTiger CRM:
Step 1: Enable your Telnyx account with VTiger CRM
Step 2: Configure Telnyx account with VTiger CRM
Step 3: Install Telnyx
Step 1: Enable your Telnyx account with Vtiger CRMFollow these steps to enable Telnyx account:
- Log in to your Telnyx account. If you do not have a Telnyx account, create it from here.
- Go to Numbers.
- Select My Numbers.
- Click on Search and Buy Numbers.
- Select a Search type, Region, and Number features.
- Click Search Numbers.
- Click an SMS enabled number
- Click Add to Cart.
- Click Place Order.
- Go back to My Numbers.
- Select the number you have purchased.
- Set the Connection or App as forward only.
- Create a Messaging Profile.
- Enter Profile name.
- Click Create Profile.
- Select Account Settings.
- Select Keys and Credentials
- Click API keys
- Copy the API key to the Notepad.
Step 2: Configure your Telnyx account in Vtiger CRM
Follow the steps below to configure Telnyx account:
- Log in to CRM.
- Click User Profile.
- Go to Settings.
- In the settings page, type SMS in the search field and select SMS Provider Configuration.
- Click on the +New Configuration.
- Search for Telnyxsms from the Provider drop-down.
- Select Yes as Active status.
- The From field is auto-filled.
- Paste the API key along with the prefix Bearer in the Authorization field.
- Callback URL is auto-filled.
- Click Save.
Note: Make sure you have the prefix as Bearer_API Key.
Step 3: Install Telnyx app
You can install Telnyx app only if you are an Admin user.
Follow these steps to install the Telnyx app:
- Log in to the CRM.
- Click the User Profile.
- Click Settings.
- Look for Add-ons under Extensions.
- Browse Telenyx SMS Integration in the Add-on Search field.
- Click Install.
You have now successfully installed the Telnyx app.
Using Telnyx From Vtiger CRM
Sending an SMS using Telnyx from Vtiger CRM
Follow the steps to send an SMS using Telnyx:
- Log in to CRM.
- Go to Essentials.
- Go to Contacts. The Contact List View opens.
- Click on a Contact you wish to send SMS.
- Click More.
- Select SMS. The Send SMS window opens.
- Choose the phone number from the Select Phone Number drop-down.
- Type your message in the Message text box.
- Click Send.
Deactivating the Telnyx SMS app from Vtiger CRM
Follow the steps to deactivate The Telnyx SMS app from Vtiger CRM:
Log in to CRM.
- Click on User Profile.
- Click Settings.
- Click Add-ons under Extensions.
- Type Telnyx in the search field.
- Select Telnyx SMS Integration with Vtiger CRM.
- Click Uninstall.
- Click Yes to confirm.