You can create a new field in any module by going to Settings
. Any new field that you create is referred to as a custom field.
Follow these steps to create a custom field:
- Click your display picture on the top right corner of the screen
- Click Settings
- Select Module Layouts & Fields under Module Management
- Pick a module from the Select Module drop-down
- Click +Add Field
- Enter the following details:
- Select Field Type: Type of the field
- Label Name: Name of the field
- Max characters allowed: Maximum characters allowed in the field value
- Default Value: Value that the field must take when you don't specify a value
- Enable/Disable field properties: Make the field a mandatory one, make it appear in the Quick Create window, be able to edit it using Mass Edit, etc.
- Click Save
: You can create or modify fields only if you are an Admin user.