To be able to make calls via Vtiger, you must install the Phone Calls extension from the Extension Store. After installing the extension, you will see the Phone Calls module under Main Menu > Essentials.
The next step is to set up a phone gateway under Settings > Extensions > Phone Configuration to start making calls seamlessly.
Additionally, you can set up a default phone number for each user to receive and make calls. The phone number of an active gateway can be used for calling.
Follow these steps to set up default phone numbers:
- Click the User Menu on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the My Preferences button.
- Doing this will take you to the My Preferences page.
- Click the Edit icon on the right side of the page.
- Scroll down to the Phone Preferences section.
- Enter the extension numbers (phone numbers) that will handle incoming and outgoing calls.
- Remember that the gateway you choose must be marked as Active under Phone Configuration.
Incoming and outgoing calls are made easy with Phone Calls since it eliminates the need for a separate phone device.
To learn more about Phone Calls, click here