FAQs in this section
Where can I see the list of roles that are associated with a profile? What is a role? How are roles and profiles related? Does Vtiger provide a default role hierarchy? Where do I find the list of roles for my company? How do I give privileges to a role to assign records? Can I move a role in the hierarchy? How do I set privileges to a role to assign records to roles in the same hierarchy? How do I set privileges to a role to assign records only to users with subordinate roles? How do I restrict users from assigning records to groups? How do I choose the groups to which users can assign records? Is it possible to choose the groups to which a user can assign records? How do I assign privileges to a role? What is given priority between profile and role privileges? How can I assign privileges to a role? How do I assign privileges directly to a role? Can I assign privileges to a role using profile permissions? How do I delete a role? When deleting a role, can I transfer its ownership to any other role? Why are only two users shown when I click Assigned To in a record?
How do I create a role?
Table of Contents
Follow these steps to create a role:
- Click the User Menu on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the Settings button.
- Look for the User Management section.
- Select Roles.
- You will land on the Roles page.
- Hover over a role and click the + icon located on the right side to create a subordinate role under it.
- Enter the details such as role name, record assignment, module/field-level privileges, etc.
- To learn more about record assignment and module/field-level privileges, click here.
- Click Save.
Was this FAQ helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful.
Be the first to comment