How do I assign privileges directly to a role?
Follow these steps to assign privileges to a role:
- Click the User Menu on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the Settings button.
- Look for the User Management section.
- Select Roles.
- You will land on the Roles page.
- Click on a role in the hierarchy to edit it.
- Go to the Privileges field.
- Select Assign privileges directly to Role.
- This option lets you assign privileges to the role you are creating. When you select this option, the Copy privileges from and Edit privileges of this profile sections appear.
- Select a profile in the Copy privileges from drop-down.
- The privileges from the profile that you select are shown in the Edit privileges of the profile section.
- Choose an app (Inventory, Sales, etc.) from the Edit privileges of the profile section and click the downward arrow on it.
- Choose a module.
- Enable or disable the checkbox for View, Create, Edit, or Delete to provide or revoke the respective permissions for the module.
- Click the downward arrow on a module.
- All the fields in the module are shown in the Fields section.
- Move the toggle button beside a field to the left to make it invisible, center to make it read-only, or right to make it writable.
- Note: You cannot change permissions for mandatory fields.
- Scroll down to the Tools section.
- Enable the checkbox to provide access to a tool. Disable it otherwise.
- Click Save.
© Copyright 2021 Vtiger. All rights reserved.