Follow these steps to set up auto-forwarding in Outlook:
- Log in to the Outlook account that you have set up as a mailbox in Vtiger CRM.
- Click the Settings icon located on the top right.
- Click View all Outlook settings.
- Select Mail > Forwarding under Settings.
- Select the Enable forwarding checkbox.
- Note: Uncheck the Enable Forwarding checkbox to stop auto-forwarding your emails.
- Enter your mailroom address in the textbox.
- Select the Keep a copy of forwarded messages checkbox if you want to keep a copy in Outlook.
- Click Save.
You need to take an additional step in Microsoft Office 365 to complete the process.
As part of their outbound spam protection, Office 365 accounts by default block automatic email forwarding. If external forwarding is disabled for your Office 365 account, you will see a bounce message in your Office 365 inbox after attempting to set up forwarding to Vtiger. The text of the bounce will include this line: 550 5.7.520 Access denied, Your organization does not allow external forwarding. Please contact your administrator for further assistance. AS(7555)
To avoid this error, your administrator must make the following changes:
- Log in to your Office 365 Security & Compliance portal.
- Go to Threat Management on the left menu.
- Select Policy.
- Search for the Policies section and click the Anti-spam block.
- Click on Anti-spam outbound policy (Default).
- Scroll to click the Edit protection settings link at the bottom of the sidebar.
- Go to the Forwarding Rules section and click the Automatic forwarding rules dropdown.
- Choose On - Forwarding is enabled option.
- Click Save.
Auto-forwarding setup for Outlook emails is now complete.