When a contact who is a lead is qualified and determined to be a potential sale, you can convert them into a deal. You can also create an organization record simultaneously to store their company information.
Follow these steps to convert a lead:
- Log in to your CRM account.
- Click the Main Menu.
- Go to Essentials.
- Select Contacts.
- Open the contact that you want to convert.
- Click the Convert Contact button on the top of the Summary View.
- Enter the following information:
- Lifecycle Stage - What stage of the sales process is the contact in? For example, marketing qualified, sales qualified, customer, etc.
- Status - Is the contact active, inactive, or No Longer With Company (NLWC)?
- Assigned To - Which CRM user is the contact assigned to?
- Do you want to create a deal? - Enable the New Deal checkbox if you want to create a deal simultaneously while converting the contact.
- Fill out the deal information.
- Click Save.
You can see the deal you created under Main Menu