FAQs in this section
What is the Access Key in Users/My Preferences? What is Masking? What are the features and fields that can be masked in Vtiger CRM? What is the feature availability of the Masking feature in Vtiger CRM? What are the benefits of Masking information in Vtiger CRM? How do I install the Masking add-on in Vtiger CRM? What can an admin user do using the Masking feature? How do I enable the masking feature? How do I set up maskin for roles? How do I set up masking for profiles? How do I set up masking for modules? What is the limitation of the masking feature in Vtiger CRM? What is masking in Vtiger 360 app?
What is the importance of Masking in Vtiger CRM?
Table of Contents
Vtiger CRM provides several mechanisms to mask and protect sensitive information. Here are some ways Vtiger CRM can help in masking information:
- Field-Level Security: Vtiger CRM allows administrators to set field-level security permissions. This means that certain fields can be configured to be visible or editable only to authorized users or specific user roles.
- Access Control: Vtiger CRM provides robust access control features that allow administrators to define user roles and permissions. Administrators can control which users can access specific modules, records, or data fields by assigning appropriate roles.
- Data Encryption: Vtiger CRM offers encryption mechanisms to secure data at rest and in transit. Encryption ensures that even if unauthorized individuals access the data, it remains unreadable without the decryption key.
- Masking Data Display: Vtiger CRM provides options to mask or partially hide sensitive information. For example, credit card numbers can be masked to display only the last few digits or phone numbers can be masked to display only certain digits.
- Anonymization: Vtiger CRM also supports anonymization techniques. Administrators can configure certain fields to store anonymized data instead of personally identifiable information (PII).
Was this FAQ helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful.
Be the first to comment