FAQs in this section
How do I create a print template?
Table of Contents
A template will have the following blocks for which you will have to enter information and configure settings. It is recommended that you keep the data on hand and readily available before you start creating a template.
Follow these steps to create a print template:
- Go to Tools.
- Select Print Templates.
- Click +Add Print Template at the right corner.
- Enter the necessary data in the following blocks:
- Basic information: Enter basic information such as the name of the template, module, description, etc. in this block.
- Template Name - Enter the name of the template
- Module - Select the module for which you want to create the template
- Description - Provide a brief description of the template
- Set as Default - Enable the checkbox to set the template as a default template
- Active - Enable Yes to make the template active
- Assigned To - Assign the template to a user or a group
- PDF Setup: If you are creating a template for PDF files, you can enter the formatting details in the PDF Setup section. For example, you can set up the size, orientation, margins, etc. that will reflect in the PDF file
- Page Format: Select different page sizes for the PDF. You can also print labels on envelopes using the A2, A6, A7, A8, A9, A10, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, B4, B5, B6, and E4 page formats
- Orientation: Set page orientation for the template either in Landscape (X-axis) or Portrait (Y-axis)
- Margins: Apply a margin to the PDF document, in case you are exporting or printing the document
- Watermark: Add a Watermark if required
- File Name: Select or enter a filename
- Currency Preferences: If you are using modules such as Invoices, Quotes, Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, etc. you need to maintain valid currency and number formats.
- When you are setting up the preferred currency, you can copy the currency and number configuration from ‘My Preferences’ by enabling the checkmark or add them manually.
- Decimal Separator: Select a decimal pointer
- Digit Grouping Separator: Select digit group separator to display large numbers
- Digit Grouping Pattern: Select how you want to group digits
- Number of Currency Decimals: Select the number of decimals you would like to have a currency value
- Truncate Trailing Zeros: Enable to truncate trailing zeros
- Symbol Placement: Select where you want to place currency symbol
- Merge Fields: This block is used to associate CRM field values from the respective modules to the print template
- You can merge fields from the company, select custom functions, add barcodes, and add Esign tabs
- Template editor area
- This is the area where you can add different elements of design to your template. You can add a Header and Footer as well as content or body to your template.
- For example, you can add Company Name or Logo in the header area and company website and address details in the footer area.
To know more about Print Templates, click here.