Microsoft Teams and Vtiger CRM Integration
Table of Contents
- Create channels for topic-wise or group-wise collaboration. Channels are dedicated sections for a team to discuss a project, topic, etc.
- Collaborate in real-time with a chat-like interface within the channels.
- Create online meetings and share screens with up to 10,000 participants.
- Chat and make video calls with individuals.
- Use virtual backgrounds that allow participants to place themselves ‘anywhere’ they want to be.
- Get recording transcripts.
- Use Sharepoint integration to access and store documents.
Watch this video to know more about Microsoft Teams and Vtiger CRM integration.
Activating Microsoft Teams in Vtiger CRM
To activate Microsoft Teams and Vtiger integration, you need to do the following:
- Install the Vtiger CRM app in Microsoft Teams.
- Install the Microsoft Teams add-on in Vtiger.
Installing Vtiger CRM App
Follow these steps to install the Vtiger CRM app in Microsoft Teams:
- Log in to your Microsoft Teams account.
- Click on Apps.
- Search for Vtiger CRM.
- Click Add to Team to add the Vtiger page as a Channel tab. You can choose the page you wish to add, like Tasks, Deals, etc.
The Vtiger CRM app is now added to your MS Teams account.
Installing Microsoft Teams Add-on
Microsoft Teams add-on is automatically added if you sign up for Vtiger CRM from Microsoft Teams. You can manually install the Microsoft Teams add-on in the CRM only if you are an administrator.
Follow these steps to install the Microsoft Teams extension in Vtiger CRM manually:
- Log in to your CRM account.
- Click the User Menu on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click Settings.
- Go to Extensions.
- Select Extension Store.
- Search and install the Microsoft Teams extension.
Microsoft Teams add-on is now installed in your CRM account.
Enabling Activity Feed Notifications in MS Teams
The activity performed in Vtiger CRM is displayed in an activity feed in the MS Teams application. You can directly access the record in which the activity is performed via the MS Teams activity feed.
Note: The MS Teams application does not notify these activities by default. To receive these notifications, your admin must enable the activity feed notifications through the web.
Follow these steps to enable the activity feed notification.
- Log in to MS Teams Admin Centre.
- Click the Main Menu.
- Click Team Apps.
- Click Manage Apps.
- Search for Vtiger CRM.
- Select the updated version of Vtiger CRM. Application details are displayed.