How can I send SMSes from Vtiger?
Broadly speaking, there are three phases involved in sending SMSes from Vtiger CRM.
- First and foremost, you need to first sign up with an SMS provider. They will give you details like authentication ID, user ID, and password.
- Once you receive the details, you need to set up the service provider in VTiger CRM. The following service providers are available (pre-loaded) with the CRM:
- Clickatell (Communicator/Central)
- Clickatell (Platform)
- India SMS
- Once the above are carried out, you can send an SMS from any record to which a contact or an organization is related. For example- Contacts, Quotes, Deals, Invoices, etc. Follow these steps to send an SMS:
- Hover over a contact, organization record in the List View and the SMS icon () becomes visible.
- Click the SMS icon to open the Send SMS window.
- In the Send SMS window, click the Select Phone Number field to display the available phone number.
- Select the phone number you want to send the SMS to.
- Type the message you want to send.
- Click the Send button.
- You can send an SMS only to mobile phones.
- Ensure that phone numbers are saved in the international E.164 format.
- SMS service providers need to be configured for your contact before you can send an SMS.
- Any message you send will have a character limit of 160. Anything above this will be sent in a subsequent message.
© Copyright 2021 Vtiger. All rights reserved.