FAQs in this section
What are Timelogs? What are the benefits of Timelogs? Can I use Timelogs for the Events module? Why is Timelogs useful for Project Management? Is Timelogs available in the Sales Starter edition? I am currently working on a task. How do I track time for this task? How do I create a Timelog? How do I create a Timelog record when I am in a hurry? I just finished working on a task. How do I create a Timelog from the task? How do I create a Timelog from the Cases Summary View? Why can't I edit the status of my Timelog? I am not able to log time for two tasks simultaneously. What should I do? I just created a timelog, and it is in the Completed state. Can I change the status? Can I have three Timelogs for a task? Why am I not able to make my timelog billable? What are the different ways of billing a task? How do I create a Billable task? Is it mandatory to have a service for a billable task? How do I log time for a billable task? What happens when I change a task from billable to non-billable? What happens when I change a task from non-billable to billable? When do I have to mark a task as 'Is Billable'? Can I pause the work on four Timelogs together? Does Vtiger offer Resource-based billing? What is Timelog for admin users? Can I create Workflows for the Timelogs module? What happens when Workflows are created in Timelogs?
How do I log time for an ongoing activity?
Table of Contents
Follow these steps to log the time spent on an ongoing activity (task, case, etc.):
- Click the Main Menu.
- Go to any of the following modules:
- Cases under Support
- Internal Tickets under Support
- Tasks under Projects
- Work Orders under Inventory
- From the List View, open the record you want to work on.
- In the Summary View, click the Timer icon from the Timelog block.
You will see the timer ticking in the top bar, and a timelog will be automatically created.
- You can do the following with the timer:
- If you wish to pause the timer, click the timer on the record or on the top bar and click Pause.
- Click Resume to resume your work.
- Click Stop to end the timer.
- In the Timelog Details window, enter all the details.
- Click Save.
Was this FAQ helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful.
Be the first to comment