FAQs in this section
What are the steps to set up to prevent duplicate prevention?
Table of Contents
Follow these steps to set up duplicate prevention for a module:
- Log in to your CRM account.
- Click the User Menu on the top-right corner of the CRM screen.
- Click Settings.
- Select Module Layouts & Fields under Module Management.
- Select the module on which you want to set up duplicate prevention from the Select Module drop-down.
- Click the Duplicate Prevention tab.
- Turn on the toggle button under Enable duplicate check.
- Select the fields (maximum three) based on which you want to run the duplicate check. For example, if you select Deal Name, users will not be able to create a new deal with the same name as an existing deal.
- Enable either of the following settings:
- Consider as duplicate only if all of the unique fields match - A record is considered duplicate if all the fields defined in the previous step match
- Consider as duplicate if at least one of the unique fields match - A record is considered duplicate if at least one field defined in the previous step matches
- Enable Check closed records also for duplicates to run the duplicate check on closed records. Disable it to ignore closed records while checking for duplicates.
- Enable Ignore blank values to avoid searching for duplicates on empty field names. Disable it otherwise.
- Choose an action to take if a duplicate record is found while syncing with an external application.
- Prefer latest record - Most recently modified record will be retained
- Prefer internal record -Record existing in the CRM will be retained
- Prefer external record - Record in the external application will be copied and retained
- Click Save.
To know more about Find Duplicate, Click Here.
Was this FAQ helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful.
Be the first to comment