Articles in this section
Duocom Telephony Gateway
Table of Contents
Integration Vtiger Phone calls with Duocom Telephony services.
Duocom is a Virtual telephony operator, with the purpose to create a new virtual service and adapt it to the particular needs of each client, providing great flexibility.
Duocom Integration with Vtiger
Integrate Duocom telephony with Vtiger through the Phone Calls module to make and receive calls, send SMS and store all the information related to a customer.
Setting up Phone calls with Duocom
Step 1: Signing up for Duocom
In order to use the Phone Calls module with Duocom, setup Duocom account and configure Call Flow according to your Business Process.
Step 2: Install Phone Calls module in Vtiger
Phone Calls module is not readily available in Vtiger. It has to be installed manually to get started with the module. Follow these simple steps to install the module.
- Click the User Menu on the top right corner of the screen
- Click on Settings
- Scroll down to the Extensions section
- Click Extension Store
Locate Phone Calls and click Install.
Step 3: Configure your Duocom credentials in Vtiger
After registering with Duocom, follow few simple steps to configure these in Vtiger CRM.
- Click on the Main Menu.
- Click on Essentials.
- Click on the Phone Calls module in Conversations.
- Click button and select Phone Configuration.
- Click Add Gateway.
Select the Generic option from the drop-down and fill in all the necessary information.
- Gateway Status: To make/receive calls via this gateway, mark the Gateway Status as Active
- Default Gateway: To make this as your default gateway for Click-to-Call, select Yes from the drop-down.
- Vtiger Secret Key : Unique key generated for authentication, which has to be added in the configuration of your My Office Web console.
- Enable Outgoing Calls : Select this option to display the outgoing calls configuration box just below.
In Outgoing calls section, enter the following details:
- URL to Notify : POST https://scgi.duocom.es/cgi-bin/telefacil2/makecall
- Content type : FORM
- Authorization type : No authorization
- Parameters : Do not add any parameters
Note! Vtiger passes 3 parameters by default, to the configured endpoint
1. to - customer’s phone number
2. from - user’s office phone (mandatory field in My preference)
3. vtiger-secret - this parameter is passed in request headers
Step 4: Configure the extension number for each user
For each user who is allowed to handle incoming and outgoing calls from the CRM, the extension number should be configured in the User preferences page.
- Open My Preferences.
- Configure Office Phone number in the following format - [Switchboard number].[extension] for example, 912345678.1
Note! Each user will have different extensions configured for them.
For example, Consider Configuring Office Number for Arjun Varma and Liam Mason
email@example.com - Office Number = 912345678.1
firstname.lastname@example.org - Office Number = 912345678.2
Configuring Vtiger settings in My Web office
To activate the use of Vtiger in My Office Web follow these steps:
- Login to Duocom.
- Click on Virtual Office.
- Click Switchboard.
- On the right side, click on CRM and select Vtiger CRM.
Enter details and save.
- Vtiger Secret Key : This value appears when you configure telephony in Vtiger, when you create a new gateway.
- Vtiger Instance URL : This is the URL of your company’s CRM. When you access Vtiger with your login data you can see that the url appears something like yourcompany.vtiger.com . We need this value to know where we send incoming calls.
For more information, please visit - https://www.mioficinaweb.es/wiki/index.php/Vtiger#
To know more about features and benefits of this integration, please check Duocom + Vtiger CRM