FAQs in this section
How do I assign a profile to a user role? What is the relationship between roles and profiles? Why am I getting the Permission Denied error when I try to approve a record? How do I add a profile? Can I create a role with out selecting a profile? How to enable or disable import and export permissions of a profile? How do I see which role a profile is related to? Are there separate Create and Edit options in Profiles? What is a profile? How are profile permissions different from Sharing Rules? Who can set up profiles? How do I link a role to a profile? Can I define field-level permissions for a profile? How do I delete a profile? How do I associate a profile with a user? Do field-level permissions in a profile apply to every module?
How do I define the permissions of a profile?
Table of Contents
Follow these steps to define profile permissions:
- Click the User Menu on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the Settings button.
- Look for the User Management section.
- Select Profiles.
- Click the +Add Profile button.
- Enter the profile name and description.
- Go to the Edit privileges of this profile section.
- Choose an app (Inventory, Sales, etc.) from the Edit privileges of the profile section and click the downward arrow.
- Choose a module. Enable or disable the checkbox for View, Create, Edit, or Delete to provide or revoke respective permissions for the module.
- Click the downward arrow on a module. All the fields in the module are shown in the Fields section.
- Move the toggle button beside a field to the left to make it invisible, center to make it read-only, or right to make it writable. Black color represents invisible, Orange represents read-only, and Green represents writable.
- Note: You cannot change permissions for mandatory fields.
- Scroll down to the Tools section. Enable the checkbox to provide access to a tool. Disable it otherwise.
- Click Save.
Was this FAQ helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful.
Be the first to comment