How do I add custom sharing rules?
Custom sharing rules are created to allow subordinates to access and perform actions on their superiors’ records. If you are a user at a higher level in the hierarchy, you can grant permissions to your subordinates to access your records in a module.
Note: You can give access to subordinates even when the module is made Private.
Follow these steps to set up custom sharing rules:
- Click the User Menu on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the Settings button.
- You will land on the Settings page.
- Look for the User Management section.
- Select Sharing Rules.
- Select a module and click the downward arrow under the Advanced Sharing Rules column.
- Define the custom rule. Let’s take an example of the Contacts module.
- Click the +Add Custom Rule button.
- Enter the following information:
- Contacts of: The contact whose records you want to share.
- Can be accessed by: The person who can access the contact records.
- With permissions: The type of access permissions that must be given.
- Click Save.
- Click the Apply New Sharing Rules button.
© Copyright 2021 Vtiger. All rights reserved.