You can perform the following actions when you open an email:
- Reassign email: You can assign emails to another user by using the option displayed beside the email subject.
- Open contact record: This option appears beside the reassign email option only if you have saved the email sender as a contact in the CRM. You can use the option to open the contact record.
- Mark email as Private or Public: Use the toggle button on an email to mark it as private or public. A private email can only be viewed by members of a mailbox. A public email can be viewed by a user when both the following conditions are true:
- The email is attached to a CRM record.
- The user has access to the record.
- Create or link record: This option is located on the top right of an email. You can use it to create a record in the CRM with the email details or link the email to a record in the CRM.
- Edit Reminder: You can create a reminder to reply to or follow up with an email by clicking the Edit Reminder option. Emails with a reminder appear on top of the email lists in a folder.
- Mark as Done: This option is located on the top right of an email. After an email conversion ends, you can mark it as done by using the Mark As Done option. Emails marked as Done are moved to the Done folder.
- Mark as Unread: You can find this option by clicking the More icon located on the top right of an email. The Mark as Unread option marks an email as unread.
- Delete: You can find this option by clicking the More icon located on the top right of an email. This option deletes a conversation. Deleted conversations are sent to Trash.
Apart from the actions mentioned above, you have options such as Reply
, Reply All
, and Comment
on an email. You can find them below the email. What is the Comment option used for
Comment is a convenient option to have on an email in the way that you need not go offline to have an internal interaction regarding the email.
For instance, a customer requests for a discount greater than the usual discount margin. As a sales rep, you can directly mention your sales manager on the email conversation. This gives you the benefit of transparency.
Your manager will get a notification under the @mentions tab in the Actions dashboard. He or she can reply to your comment directly from the notification in @mentions.