Deleting a field results in permanent removal of data. When you delete a field, the value stored in it will be deleted and cannot be retrieved.
If you are not using a field temporarily and want to be able to use it in the future, you can hide the field.
Follow these steps to hide a field:
- Click your display picture on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click Settings.
- Go to Module Layouts & Fields under Module Management.
- Select the module whose field you want to delete from the Select Module drop-down.
- Click the Detail View Layout tab.
- Select the field that you want to hide.
- Click the Edit icon.
- Disable the Show Field toggle button.
- Click Save.
: You can delete a field only if you are an Admin user.