How do I create personal or personally identifying fields?
Follow these steps to create personal fields:
- Click the User Menu on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the Settings button.
- Select Module Layouts & Fields under Module Management.
- Choose Contacts from the Select Module drop-down.
- Click the Detail View Layout tab.
- Click the +Add Custom Field button under any block you want to create it in. For example, under Basic Information, Address Details, etc.
- You can also create a new block:
- Click the +Add Block button.
- Enter the block name.
- Choose the existing block after which you want to add the new block.
- Click Save.
- Click the +Add Custom Field button in the newly created block.
- Select the field type. For example, Phone for phone number, Text for name, etc.
- Enter the field name under Label Name.
- Enter a default value for the field (optional).
- Set the field properties:
- Mandatory Field: Entering a value for the field becomes mandatory.
- +Quick Create: The field becomes available under Quick Create.
- Key Field View: The field appears in the Key Fields section of a contact’s Summary View.
- Header View: The field appears in the Header section of a contact’s Summary View.
- Mass Edit: You can perform a mass edit action on the field.
- Personally Identifying: The field can be selected to seek consent from contacts. Data in the field must be erased if a contact does not grant consent.
- Click Save.
© Copyright 2021 Vtiger. All rights reserved.