For security reasons, encrypted field values are concealed using asterisks (*) for all users, by default.
For example, an encrypted credit card number is shown as 2222 88** **** ****. Only users with the ‘View Encrypted Field’ permission can decrypt values in the Deep Dive View.
Permission to view encrypted values can be given to a profile in the CRM. Users belonging to the profile will be able to view encrypted data.
Follow these steps to provide permission to a profile to view encrypted values:
- Click the User Menu on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the Settings button.
- You will land on the Settings page.
- Look for the User Management section and select Profiles under it.
- Hover on a profile and click the Edit icon.
- Choose an app (Inventory, Sales, etc.) and click the downward arrow on it.
- Choose a module and click the downward arrow on it.
- Scroll down to the Tools section.
- Enable the View encrypted field value checkbox.
- Click Save.
To learn more about Users, click here.
To learn more about Profiles, click here.