FAQs in this section
The values of some fields are concealed. Users are not able to see them. Why?
Table of Contents
For security reasons, encrypted field values are concealed using asterisks (*) for all users, by default.
For example, an encrypted credit card number is shown as 2222 88** **** ****. Only users with the ‘View Encrypted Field’ permission can decrypt values in the Deep Dive View.
Permission to view encrypted values can be given to a profile in the CRM. Users belonging to the profile will be able to view encrypted data.
Follow these steps to provide permission to a profile to view encrypted values:
- Click the User Menu on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the Settings button.
- You will land on the Settings page.
- Look for the User Management section and select Profiles under it.
- Hover on a profile and click the Edit icon.
- Choose an app (Inventory, Sales, etc.) and click the downward arrow on it.
- Choose a module and click the downward arrow on it.
- Scroll down to the Tools section.
- Enable the View encrypted field value checkbox.
- Click Save.