Can I define field-level permissions for a profile?
Follow these steps to assign field-level permissions to a profile:
Step 1: Creating a profile
- Click the User Menu on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the Settings button.
- Look for the User Management section.
- Select Profiles.
- Click the +Add Profile button.
- Enter the profile name and description.
Step 2: Defining permissions
- Go to the Edit privileges of this profile section.
- Choose an app (Inventory, Sales, etc.) from the Edit privileges of the profile section and click the downward arrow.
- Choose a module.
- Click the downward arrow on a module.
- All the fields in the module are shown in the Fields section.
- Move the toggle button beside a field to the left to make it invisible, center to make it read-only, or right to make it writable. Black color represents invisible, Orange represents read-only, and Green represents writable.
- Note: You cannot change permissions for mandatory fields.
- Click Save.
To learn more about field-level permissions in a profile, click here
© Copyright 2021 Vtiger. All rights reserved.