How do I define the permissions of a profile?
Follow these steps to define profile permissions:
- Click the User Menu on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the Settings button.
- Look for the User Management section.
- Select Profiles.
- Click the +Add Profile button.
- Enter the profile name and description.
- Go to the Edit privileges of this profile section.
- Choose an app (Inventory, Sales, etc.) from the Edit privileges of the profile section and click the downward arrow.
- Choose a module. Enable or disable the checkbox for View, Create, Edit, or Delete to provide or revoke respective permissions for the module.
- Click the downward arrow on a module. All the fields in the module are shown in the Fields section.
- Move the toggle button beside a field to the left to make it invisible, center to make it read-only, or right to make it writable. Black color represents invisible, Orange represents read-only, and Green represents writable.
- Note: You cannot change permissions for mandatory fields.
- Scroll down to the Tools section. Enable the checkbox to provide access to a tool. Disable it otherwise.
- Click Save.
© Copyright 2021 Vtiger. All rights reserved.