How can I set up Duplicate Prevention in my CRM?
By setting up a ‘duplicate prevention check’, you can prevent users and external applications from creating duplicate records in a module.
Follow these steps to set up duplicate prevention for a module:
- Log in to your CRM account.
- Click the User Menu on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click Settings.
- Go to Module Management.
- Select Module Layouts & Fields.
- Select the module for which you want to set up duplicate prevention from the Select Module drop-down.
- Click the Duplicate Prevention tab.
- Turn on the Enable duplicate check toggle button.
- Select the fields (maximum three) based on which you want to run the duplicate check. For example, in the Deals module, if you select Deal Name, users will not be able to create a new deal with the same name as an existing deal.
- Enable either of the following settings:
- Consider as duplicate only if all of the unique fields match - A record is considered duplicate if all the fields defined in the previous step matches
- Consider as duplicate if at least one of the unique fields match - A record is considered duplicate if at least one field defined in the previous step matches
- Enable Check closed records also for duplicates to run the duplicate check on closed records. Disable it to ignore closed records while checking for duplicates.
- Enable Ignore blank values to avoid searching for duplicates on empty field names. Disable it otherwise.
- Choose an action to take if a duplicate record is found while syncing with an external application.
- Prefer latest record - The most recently modified record (CRM or external) will be retained.
- Prefer internal record - The record existing in the CRM will be retained.
- Prefer external record - The record in the external application will be copied and retained.
- Click Save.
To know more about Duplicate Prevention, click here
© Copyright 2021 Vtiger. All rights reserved.