If a sales rep has discontinued pursuing a deal, you can transfer the deal’s ownership along with its associated contacts to another rep.
Follow these steps to transfer ownership of a contact:
- Log in to your CRM account.
- Click the Main Menu.
- Go to Essentials.
- Select Contacts.
- Open the contact that you want to transfer.
- Click the More icon on the Summary View.
- Select the Transfer Ownership icon.
- Enter the following information:
- Select Related Modules - Select the related records that you want to transfer to the new owner.
- Assigned To - Select the new owner of the contact and the related records.
- Transfer Closed Records - Enable this checkbox to transfer closed records to the new owner.
- Click Save.
You can see the new owner’s name in the Assigned To
fields of the contact and the related records that you transferred.