How can I setup an Approval?
An approval process can be set up by any user with Administrator privileges.
To set-up approvals, follow these steps:
- Click on your picture on the right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click the Settings button.
- Under Automation, Select Approvals.
- Click on the New Approval button.
- Provide Basic Information
- Select the module from the drop-down.
- Provide a unique name for the approval.
- Set the approval as Active or Inactive.
- Give a short description that explains about the approval.
- Set up entry criteria
- Add entry criteria for the approvals process.
- Set unique field criteria that the record must meet to proceed with the approval process. Only when the entry criteria are met, the Approval process is run on save of a record.
- For example, If the Expense location is India, execute India process rules. If the Expense location is the US, execute US process rules.
- Configure Rules- Set the rules for the approval process to execute. The rules are executed sequentially only if the entry criteria are met.
- Rule Name- Provide a unique name for the rule and set the criteria. If the mentioned criteria are met, the rule is executed.
- Owner profiles- Select profiles from a drop-down. A rule gets executed if record owner profile matches the rules configured.
- Approval matrix- Choose the approvers for the rule. You can configure up to 3 levels of approvers for a single rule.
- Final Approval and Rejection actions
- Select the action to be executed on Final Approval and Rejection of the record.
- You can add up to 10 actions for a single approval.
- The actions can be adding an event, task, creating the record, updating fields, sending email alerts and push notifications, calling webhooks or custom functions.
- Lastly, activate all the actions and click Save.
© Copyright 2021 Vtiger. All rights reserved.