Credit notes are of little use if they are not linked to invoices. If a customer has two or more invoices linked, you can use credits for all the invoices. You can also use the credit notes partially or fully against the open invoices.
Follow these steps to apply the credit amount to an invoice:
- Click the Menu icon.
- Go to the Inventory tab.
- Select the Invoices module.
- Open the invoice record to which you want to apply the credit amount.
- In the Summary View, click the Apply Credits button. A list of all the credit notes applicable to the current invoice will be displayed.
- Select the credit note from which you want to apply the credit amount.
- Enter the amount you want to apply to the invoice in the Amount to Credit field.
- Click Apply. The credits will be applied to the invoice and the credit note will be linked to the invoice.
The credit note will be visible in the Sales Ops widget in the Invoices’ Summary View.