FAQs in this section
How does the double opt-in confirmation work?
Table of Contents
Follow these steps to send a double opt-in request to a contact:
- Log in to your CRM account.
- Click the Main Menu.
- Go to Essentials.
- Select Contacts.
- Click on the contact you want to send the request to.
- Click the Details tab on the right sidebar.
- Look for the Email Opt-in field.
- Click the Request Confirmation link attached to the field.
A double opt-in confirmation email is sent to the contact. When the contact clicks the Confirm my subscription link in the email, it provides you a double opt-in to send them marketing emails. Also, the Email Opt-in field in the contact record is set to Double opt-in (contact).
The email will also contain an unsubscribe link. By clicking the link, the contact will be able to see the marketing lists that they are a part of, and they can unsubscribe from one or more lists. Also, if a contact unsubscribes from a list, then the Email Opt-in field in the contact record is set to Opted out (contact).
- You can send a double opt-in request only once in 24 hours.
- The double opt-in email sent to a contact is logged in the Activity section when Updates is enabled in Filters.
- When you edit the Primary Email field in a contact record, then the Email Opt-in field in the contact is set to None.