When you intend to create leads and contacts through a webform, you can also request the GDPR compliant consent in the same webform. Insert the Email Opt-in field in the webform to send them the double opt-in in the email.
Follow these steps to insert the Email Opt-in field in a webform:
- Log in to your CRM account.
- Click the User Menu on the top right corner of the CRM screen.
- Click Settings. You can access Settings only if you are an Admin user.
- Select Webforms under Automation.
- Click +Add Webform.
- Select Contacts from the Primary Module drop-down and fill out other details to create the webform.
- Go to the Contacts Field Information section.
- Type Email Opt-in under Add Fields and select the field.
- Click the Edit icon beside Email Opt-in in the Field Name column.
- Change the field name to a descriptive phrase such as 'Allow me to send marketing emails.' or 'Subscribe to email newsletter'.
- Click the checkmark.
- Enable the checkbox beside the Email Opt-in field to make it mandatory.
Note: Users cannot submit a webform before filling the mandatory fields.
- Click Save.
- Click the Get form code button on the top right corner.
- Copy the code by clicking Copy to clipboard.
- Embed the code to your website.
When a user fills the webform, his details get stored in the CRM as a lead or a contact record. If they enable the Email Opt-in checkbox, then the Email Opt-in field in their contact record is set to Single opt-in (webform).
Note: When a customer submits a webform and does not enable the Email Opt-in checkbox, then the Email Opt-in field is set to ‘None’.