Let us take the example of the Deals module to explain how to link records to closed records.
To link a record to a closed deal, you must use the widgets on the right side of the deal’s Summary View. For example, to link an invoice to a deal, use the Sales Ops widget. To link contacts, use the One View widget.
Follow these steps to link a record to a closed deal:
- Log in to your CRM account.
- Click the Main Menu.
- Go to Sales.
- Select Deals.
- Select and open a closed deal.
- Click on a tab where you can link records.
- For example, One View, Documents, Sales Ops, etc.
- In the case of Documents, you can select existing, create new and link, or upload documents and link them to the deal.
- Click the + icon.
- Click on a record to link it to the deal.
After you have linked the record, you will see it under the widget where you linked it.
Note: The + icon is not shown in the related widgets on a record when you have disabled linking.