Once you have configured your DocuSign details in the product, you can create an Esign Document from the List View.
Follow these steps to create an Esign Document:
Step 1: Go to the Esign Documents module.
- Click the Main Menu.
- Go to the Essentials tab.
- Select the Esign Documents module.
- Click the +Add Esign Document button.
Step 2: Enter the mandatory details.
- Select the Signee, the person who must sign the document. You can add upto three signees.
- Select either Contacts, Organizations, Vendors, or Users from the drop-down.
- Select a record or add a new one.
- The Email Address field will be automatically filled based on the email address present in the record.
- Select the document that must be sent to the signee for signature. You have three options to do so:
- Upload File - Click the Upload File button to upload the document from your computer.
- Internal Document - Click the Documents icon to select the document from the Documents module.
- Select Related Module - You can send a document from a module. The modules shown in this field depend on the signees chosen in the previous step. For example, if a contact or an organization is a signee, then all the modules are shown. If a vendor is a signee, then only Products and Purchase Orders are shown.
- Select the module from the drop-down.
- Click the module icon to select the record.
- You can also type the name to search the record and select it.
- Select the print template from the drop-down.
- Enter the Email Subject of the email.
- In the Email Note field, enter other messages or information about the email.
Step 3: Send the document for signature
- Click Save and Send for Signature if you want to immediately send the document.
- Here you will see two options:
When you click on this option, the document will be sent for open signing, and the signee will decide where to sign in the document.
After the document is sent, you will be redirected to the Summary View of the sent record.
- Add Signature Tags and send the document.
When you click this option, you will be redirected to the DocuSign website. You must decide and place the DocuSign tags and send the document for signing.
- You can drag and drop the signature tag in the appropriate positions on the document.
Note: You can also drag and drop other fields listed on the left panel.
- Click Send.
The document will be sent for signature, and you will be redirected to the Summary View of the sent record.
To know more about Multiple Signatories for Esign Documents, click here
To know more about Esign Documents and some limitations related to it, click here