If your email body contains values that need to be extracted and populated in different fields of a CRM record, then you can use the Autofill Values from Email Body
option in Mailroom.
For example, you might receive details of leads (prospects) from a partner agency via email. In this case, the sender of the email is always the agency, but each email has information on new leads. Using the autofill option, you can extract values from the email body to create new lead records from each email.
Follow these steps to use the autofill option to create records:
- Click your display picture on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click Settings.
- Select Mailroom under Automation.
- Click Add New Action.
- Specify the Criteria and Action in the mailroom rule.
- Enable the Autofill Values from Email Body toggle button.
- Enter the Sample Body Text. Vtiger CRM will make use of the sample text to pick up values from the email body and map them to CRM fields. (Refer to screenshot here.)
- Specify the values in Sample Body Text to be mapped to CRM fields. (Refer to screenshot here.)
- Click Save.