Articles in this section
Adding Custom Fields to Inventory Module Line Items
Table of Contents
Add custom fields to your line item to include any custom data while creating the Quotes, Sales Order, Invoices or Purchase Order.
Follow these steps to add a custom field to your Invoice line item.
- Click on the Main Menu
- Click Settings
- Click Module Layouts & Fields under Module Management
- Choose Quotes or Sales Order or Invoices or Purchase Order from droplist
- Scroll down to Item Details
- Click ADD CUSTOM FIELD from right
In the pop up fill the details
Enter the Label name.
- To map the custom field to any of the Product/Service fields, enable the checkbox.
- Select the field that you want to map to.
- Click on Save.
Dependent picklist in Inventory line items to support product hierarchy
Line item product pop-up retains the selected dependent picklist values in product search columns.
Reference field search pop-up in any module populates picklist dependent values in search columns.
The custom fields will appear along with the default fields in the Line items of Invoice.
Note! You can add a maximum of 10 custom fields