FAQs in this section
Can I create recurring events using workflows? Can I automate the sales process in Vtiger? Can I insert an email signature while configuring the Send Mail action in workflows? What is the maximum size of the files that I can attach in a workflow's Send Mail action? What does the Invoke Custom Function action in Workflows do? How do I invoke a custom function using workflows? What does the Create Task action in Workflows do? How do I set up the Create Task workflow action? What does the Create Event action in Workflows do? What are the types of workflows available in Vtiger? Can I automate the creation of records in the CRM? Is there a way to automatically update fields when a certain event occurs? What are the different components of a workflow? Can I automate the sending of an SMS? How do I automate the creation of events? How do I modify existing workflows? How do I set up the SMS Task workflow action? How do I set up the Create Records Workflow action? How do I deactivate a workflow if I do not need it? How does the Create Record workflow action work? Is it mandatory to specify entry criteria for a workflow? Can I create a workflow without any entry criterion? I want my workflow to consider only weekdays while checking conditions. Is this possible? I do not see my desired fields in the Create Task action of Workflows. What should I do? Can I obtain the date on which a contact has subscribed to email marketing? Can I obtain the time at which a contact unsubscribes from email marketing? I do not have Write permission. Is there a way I can still create records? How does the Update Fields workflow action work? How does the SMS Task workflow action work? How many standard workflows can I create? How many scheduled workflows can I create? How many multi-path workflows can I create? How many actions can I include in a standard workflow? How many actions can I include in a scheduled workflow? What is a workflow action? How many actions can I have in a multi-path workflow? Can I trigger a workflow at a specific date? What are Scheduled Workflows? What are the benefits of using Workflows? What are Multi-path Workflows? What is a workflow trigger? What are Workflow entry criteria? How can I send emails using workflows? How do I create a workflow? How do I reorder the sequence of workflow actions? How do I delete sample (default) workflows? What are Workflows? Can I create a workflow to perform different actions based on different values of a picklist field? What is the difference between normal and scheduled workflows? How do I attach a file in an email sent via a workflow? Can I select an existing address for From address in workflows' Send Mail action? What is Reply To address in Send Mail action? Can I embed record fields into the email body in the Send Mail action?
How do I set up the Update Fields Workflow action?
Table of Contents
Workflows' Update Fields action automatically updates one or more CRM fields when the entry criteria are fulfilled.
Follow these steps to set up the Update Fields action:
- Click the Add Action drop-down.
- Select Update Fields. This opens a window.
- Enter the Action Title.
- Click the +Add Record Field button. This opens a pop-up window.
Set the field values: This is where you must choose the destination and source fields.
- The Destination field is the field that must be updated.
- The Source field is the field that must be used to update the destination field.
Let us take the example of Weighted Revenue and learn how to update it.
- Choose Weighted Revenue from the Select Field drop-down. It becomes the destination field.
- Click inside the space provided on the right side. This opens a pop-up window. You must enter the source field here.
- Select Expression from the drop-down. This allows you to enter the expression to calculate the weighted revenue.
- Click on the Use Field drop-down and select Amount and Probability. This drop-down allows you to select fields from the CRM records to use them in calculations.
- Form this expression using the symbols on your keyboard - Amount * Probability / 100.
- Click Save to save the expression. This closes the pop-up window.
- Click Save to save the workflow action.
- Click Save to save the workflow.
To learn more about the Update Fields workflow action, click here.
Was this FAQ helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful.
Be the first to comment