FAQs in this section
Can I reorder the sequence of workflow actions? Can I attach a file in an email sent via a workflow? How can I send emails using workflows? How do I create a workflow? How do I delete sample (default) workflows? What are Workflows? Can I create a workflow to perform different actions based on different values of a picklist field? What is the difference between normal and scheduled workflows? Can I trigger a workflow at a specific date? What are Scheduled Workflows? What are Multi-path Workflows? What is a workflow trigger? What are Workflow entry criteria? What is a workflow action? What are the benefits of using Workflows? How many standard workflows can I create? How many multi-path workflows can I create? How many actions can I include in a standard workflow? How many actions can I include in a scheduled workflow? How many actions can I have in a multi-path workflow? What are the types of workflows available in Vtiger? What are the different components of a workflow? Is it mandatory to specify entry criteria for a workflow? Can I create a workflow without any entry criterion? I want my workflow to consider only weekdays while checking conditions. Is this possible? Can I obtain the date on which a contact has subscribed to email marketing? Can I obtain the time at which a contact unsubscribes from email marketing? How does the Update Fields workflow action work? How does the SMS Task workflow action work? How does the Create Record workflow action work? Can I automate the creation of records in the CRM? Is there a way to automatically update fields when a certain event occurs? Can I automate the sending of an SMS? How do I set up the Update Fields Workflow action? How do I modify existing workflows? Can I deactivate a workflow if I do not need it? Can I insert an email signature while configuring the Send Mail action in workflows? What is the maximum size of the files that I can attach in a workflow's Send Mail action? How do I invoke a custom function using workflows? What does the Create Task action in Workflows do? What does the Create Event action in Workflows do? How do I automate the creation of events? Can I create recurring events using workflows? Can I automate the sales process in Vtiger? I do not have Write permission. Is there a way I can still create records? How many scheduled workflows can I create?
How do I set up the SMS Task workflow action?
Table of Contents
Workflows' SMS Task action automatically sends an SMS when the entry criteria are fulfilled.
Follow these steps to set up the SMS Task action:
- Click the Add Action drop-down.
- Select SMS Task.
- This opens a window where you must set up the SMS to be sent and recipient details.
- Enter the Action Title.
- Enter the SMS body and recipient information.
- Recipients: Choose the recipient number from the drop-down on the right.
- Add Fields: These field values are inserted into the message body. For example, when you select the First Name field, you can compose a message that starts with “Hi, ”. The first name of the recipient gets embedded where the place holder is specified.
- SMS Text: Enter the message body here. To insert a field value into the SMS, place the cursor in the desired position.
- Click Save to save the SMS task.
- Click Save to save the workflow.
Was this FAQ helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful.
Be the first to comment