Workflows' Update Fields action automatically updates one or more CRM fields when the entry criteria are fulfilled.
Follow these steps to set up the Update Fields action:
- Click the Add Action drop-down.
- Select Update Fields.
- Enter the Action Title.
- Click the +Add Record Field button.
- This opens a pop-up window.
Set the field values: This is where you must choose the destination and source fields.
- The Destination field is the field that must be updated.
- The Source field is the field that must be used to update the destination field.
Let us take the example of Weighted Revenue and learn how to update it.
- Choose Weighted Revenue from the Select Field drop-down.
- It becomes the destination field.
- Click inside the space provided on the right side.
- This opens a pop-up window. You must enter the source field here.
- Select Expression from the drop-down.
- This allows you to enter the expression to calculate the weighted revenue.
- Click on the Use Field drop-down and select Amount and Probability.
- This drop-down allows you to select fields from the CRM records to use them in calculations.
- Form this expression using the symbols on your keyboard - Amount * Probability / 100.
- Click Save to save the expression.
- This closes the pop-up window.
- Click Save to save the workflow action.
- Click Save to save the workflow.
To learn more about the Update Fields workflow action, click here