How do I specify what fields to add to a webform?
Follow these steps to add fields to a webform:
- Log in to your CRM account.
- Click the User Menu on the top right corner of the CRM screen.
- Click Settings.
- Look for the Automation section.
- Click Webforms.
- Open a webform.
- Click on the space provided in Add Fields.
- Select a field from the drop-down.
- Tip: You can change the order of the fields with a drag-and-drop action. The fields you add are listed.
- Mark the field as mandatory by enabling the checkbox under the Mandatory column.
- Mandatory fields are automatically added to a webform and cannot be removed. Users cannot skip them while filling out the webform.
- Hide a field by enabling the checkbox and providing an Override Value for it.
- Consider that you have a webform for the submission of customer issues or cases. The Status field in Cases is mandatory. However, webform users would not be aware of the value to be set on the field because it is CRM-specific information. So, you can provide an override value to the field, say New, and hide it. Fields are automatically hidden when you provide an override value for them.
- Choose what to do with duplicate field values in the Duplicate Handling column.
- With Duplicate Handling, you can decide what must be done with duplicate record submissions from the webform. Vtiger provides you the following three options to handle duplicate records:
- Keep existing value - Retains the existing values in the CRM. If no value exists in a field, then the submitted value is considered.
- Use non-blank submitted value - Replaces the value in the CRM value with the submitted value.
- Append to existing data - Appends the submitted value to the value existing in the CRM. In this case, you must configure a Concatenation Separator to tell the submitted value apart from the CRM value. You can set it up under Settings > Configuration > Configuration Editor.
: Duplicate Handling will function only if Duplicate Prevention is set up for the module(s) specified in the webform. To learn more about Duplicate Prevention, click here
To learn more about Webforms, click here
© Copyright 2021 Vtiger. All rights reserved.