Articles in this section
Check-in for field sales team
Table of Contents
Plan your customer visits faster with Vtiger 360’s GPS features to check-in and check-out at the event location.
Businesses that require their sales agents to visit prospects or customers at client locations can use Vtiger 360 GPS-enabled features to plan their agenda with an option to check-in to the event location. The agent adds the quick note and marks the event as held after the meeting.
The Sales managers get a real-time visit update from the agent with an option to generate Agent visits report with all the check-in and check-out details. The sales agent can also use this report for expense claims and time management.
Please follow these simple steps to view and configure GPS settings via Vtiger web app.
- Go to User Menu > Settings > Vtiger 360 > Configuration.
- Set Geo fence Radius in terms of kilometers or miles. Radius configured here will be used to mark a check-in as inside or outside of geofence to the target location.
Note! Only Admins can access GPS settings in Vtiger web app.
Creating an onsite Event
To create an onsite Event, select Activity Type = “Onsite meeting.”
By default, Organization billing address or the Primary Contact’s mailing address is considered as the event location.
Onsite event creation in Vtiger 360
Onsite event creation in Vtiger web app
Onsite Event actions
Following actions can be performed for onsite Events
1. Navigation to the Event location.
Click on Navigate to find the best route to the Event location.
2a. When an onsite Event is in planned status, agent can
- Check-in - To start the onsite meeting and Geo tag the event location
- From Vtiger 360 dashboard
- From Event record
- From Vtiger 360 dashboard
Note! To detect the device’s current location for check-in, GPS location of the device has to be turned on.
- Reschedule - This option is used when the planned meeting has to be moved ahead by 1 day or 2 days or 3 days or a custom date/time.
- Cancel - To cancel a planned meeting
2b. When an onsite Event is in checked-in status, agent can
- Mark as held and follow up - This option is used when an Event is held and a follow-up event has to be set with the same participants.
Cancel - To cancel a checked-in meeting that did not happen
When the agent checks-in to the Event outside the geofence radius, a warning is shown to the user to indicate that the check-in will be marked as a violation. The agent can still proceed and complete the check-in action.
To continue, tap on Yes.
Event status is set to Checked-in once the check-in action is complete.
1. Only Event owners are allowed to check-in.
2. Multiple check-ins are not allowed at the same time.
Check-in and check-out details
Check-in details block in Event record captures information related to last check-in
- Check-in location viewable on the map.
- Check-in comment
- Check- in date/time
- Geofence violation[Yes/No].
- Geofence violation distance computed based on actual location of check-in
Once the meeting is complete, the agent can mark as held and enter the meeting notes.
Check-in and check-out comments:
Check-out details block in Event record captures information related to check-out action.
- Check-out comment.
- Check-out date/time.
Actual duration of the Event
Default agent visit reports are available in Activity Reports folder.
Agent check-in report: Agent visit report with details of check-in and check-out.
Agent check-in exception report: Agent visit report with details of check-ins done outside of geofence radius.
If you face any issue with check-in, please change your location mode in your Android device from High accuracy to Device only.