FAQs in this section
How does the SMS Task workflow action work?
Table of Contents
You can use a workflow to automate the SMS Message process to your leads, contacts, employees, etc.
For example, if the status of a lead is Qualified, you might want to send them a thank you note via SMS. You can automate this by setting up a workflow.
Follow these steps to set up the SMS Task action:
- Click the Add Action drop-down
- Select SMS Task. This opens a window where you must set up the SMS to be sent and the recipient details
- Enter the Action Title
- Enter the SMS body and recipient information
- Recipients: Choose the recipient number from the drop-down on the right
- Add Fields: Select field values that must be inserted into the message body. For example, when you select the First Name field, you can compose a message that starts with “Hi, ”. The first name of the recipient gets embedded where the placeholder is specified
- SMS Text: Enter the message body here. To insert a field value into the SMS, place the cursor in the desired position
- Click Save to save the SMS task
- Click Save to save the workflow