How do I set up a mailroom rule to create cases?
You must set up mailroom rules to create a case each time a customer raises an issue via email.
Follow these steps to set up a mailroom rule to create cases:
- Click your display picture on the top right corner.
- Click Settings.
- Select Mailroom under Automation.
- Click Open Mailroom. This step is available only when you are setting up a mailroom for the first time.
- Click See Default Actions.
- Click +Add New Action.
- Fill out the following details:
- Criteria: Criteria defines when a case record must be created. For example, consider that email@example.com is the contact email of your customer support team. If you can set up the criteria as ‘If Email Recipient contains firstname.lastname@example.org’, then, Mailroom creates case records from the emails that are sent to this email address.
You can set up similar criteria on From email address, email body, and email subject.
- Action: Action defines what must be done when the criteria set up in the previous step is true.
- Select Create/Update Cases.
- Check Match Organization if you want to link the email to the organization where it came from. If the domain name of the email matches the domain name of an organization’s primary email stored in the CRM, the email gets attached to the matching organization record. (This step is optional.)
- Check Create Contact as well if you want to create a contact record using the details in the email. (This step is optional.)
- Assign the case to a group/team using Assign to Group.
- Assign the case to an individual (who is a CRM user) using Assign to User.
- Assign a service level agreement (SLA) to the case using Assign to SLA.
- Enable Autofill values from Email body to map the text in the email body to CRM fields.
- Choose a delimiter. For example, if the email body contains ‘Issue: I received a damaged phone’, then, the ‘issue’ can be copied to the Summary field in cases. In this case, ‘:’ (colon) is the delimiter.
- Enter a sample email body. For example, you can enter ‘Issue: I received a damaged phone’.
- Click Click here to find values from email body.
- Map the values entered the email body to CRM fields. For example, you can map ‘Issue’ to the Summary field and email subject to the Case Title field.
- Click Save.
Your mailroom will be configured after performing the steps above.
© Copyright 2021 Vtiger. All rights reserved.