FAQs in this section
Where can I find the Vtiger Privacy Guard extension when installed? What is a consent? Are consents required if my business does not operate in the EU? What is the Vtiger Privacy Guard? What are the benefits of the Vtiger Privacy Guard? Is the Consents module available in all Vtiger editions? Why does my business require consents? What should I know before I set up consents? How should I set up the From email address to send consent emails? What are the types of consents available in Vtiger CRM? How do I set up consents? How do I install the Vtiger Privacy Guard? How do I enable the Consents module? What is deduplication of contacts? Is there a way I can hide consents from certain contacts? How do I set up consents to store personal data? How do I set up custom consents? How do I set up tracking consents? How will I know if a contact wants to have their personal data erased from the CRM? What should I do to know if a contact wants me to stop using their data? What happens when a contact requests to stop processing their data? How do I unlock a contact record that is locked because the contact requested to stop processing their data? Is there a way to set up notifications related to consents? I am not able to uninstall the Vtiger Privacy Guard. Why? How do I uninstall the Vtiger Privacy Guard? How do I erase a contact's personal data? How do I send a consent request to a contact? How do I know if a contact has requested data erasure? How do I know if a contact has requested to stop processing their data? How do I know if a contact has granted permission to track emails? How do I know if a contact has granted permission to track their document engagement? Is it possible to know when the last consent request was sent to a contact? Where can I find the personal and encrypted data of a contact? What is the kind of data for which I need consent?
How do I set up the deduplication of contacts to configure consents?
Table of Contents
Follow these steps to set up the deduplication of contacts to configure consents:
- Log in to your CRM account.
- Click the User Menu on the top right corner of the CRM screen.
- Click Settings.
- Look for the Configuration section.
- Select Consents.
- Click the Enable the Preference page checkbox. The Consents Prerequisites window pops up.
Note: The Preferences page is available in the consent request email that you send to your contacts.
- Enable the checkbox for Mark all except the most recently modified duplicate record as "Duplicate" (a closed state which locks the record, prevents edits, and stops processing).
- When you do this, the Status field in all duplicate records except the record that was most recently modified, is set to Duplicate. Duplicate is a closed state. It locks a record, preventing future modifications on it.
- Enable the checkbox for Stop new records from being created with a duplicate email address.
- When you do this, the CRM will prevent the creation of duplicate records in the future.
- Click Deduplicate & Proceed.
To learn more about consents, click here.
Was this FAQ helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful.
Be the first to comment