Articles in this section
Import and Export Calendar in ICS Format
Table of Contents
If you have your events or tasks in iCalendar (ICS) format, you can import them into your Calendar Module in Vtiger CRM. You can also export your calendar records in Vtiger CRM into .ics format.
Follow these steps to import the Calendar:
- Log in to the CRM.
- Click the Calendar icon on the top right.
- Click the List View option.
- Click on the Import button from the top right corner.
- In the popup, select ics file type.
- Click on the Select from MyComputer button.
- Choose your .ics file to import.
- Click Import.
- Make sure that your .ics file addresses all mandatory fields in your Calendar module.
- The Activity Type is set to Meetings, and the Assigned To value is the username that performs import.
If you ever want to transfer your Calendar (Events and Tasks) records, export them to a .ics file.
- Log in to the CRM.
- Click the Calendar icon.
- Click on the List View option in the left nav bar.
- Click on More and select the Export option.
- Select the .ics radio button.
- By default, the Export all data options will be selected.
- Note: While exporting records in .ics format, only logged-in user data will be exported.
- Click on Export Calendar.
Points to remember
- All the mandatory fields have to be mapped during import.
- Note: Activity Type is a mandatory field.
- A new Activity type(say, Demo meeting) can be imported. This value will be added to the Event > Activity Type picklist value.
- If a Task record is being imported, mention the Activity type as Task; otherwise, an event record will be created with the Activity Type value specified in the CSV file.
- Send Reminder, Repeat, and Invite User field values can neither be imported nor exported.
- Import fails if the Visibility field is empty or contains an improper value.
Date and Time field values
- Start Date, Due Date, Time Start, and End time are all different fields that have to be mapped individually during import.
- On import, the Time start and End time fields remain the same as specified in the CSV file, irrespective of the time zone configured in My Preference.
- Date field values depend on the date format configured in My Preference. For any other format found during import, the date field value will be empty.
- If My preference date format is mm-dd-yyyy or dd-mm-yyyy, the system can auto-detect the value from the CSV file and import the values as in My Preferences.
- You can import values like – 21.10.2010 or 21/10/2011, whereas you cannot import values like – 8 June 2011.
- Note: The CSV file should always contain the Time values in 24-hour format only.
- On import, if the date field contains wrong date values like 36-45-2016, then the value will be overwritten as 01-01-1970
- On import, if the time field contains wrong time values, like 50:89:00, then the import fails.
- Note: If the End Time is not mapped/empty, then import considers it as a Task, irrespective of it being a task/event.
Related To fields
- Relate an event to more than one contact record while importing by following the below-mentioned structure.
- Contacts::::Jessie Stokes,Contacts::::Daniel Avasti
- For related to the field, if no prefix is given (say in the above example, if Contacts is not specified), then the system will search for that value in the following order - Organization, Campaign, Cases, Invoice …. Services (as mentioned in the Related To block).
- If no record is found, it will create a new record in Service with that name and relate the event to it (as the service is last in the list).
- If there exists a new custom module (with no mandatory reference fields), then a record will be created for that module.