Articles in this section
Export to Google Sheets
Table of Contents
What are Google Sheets?
Google Sheets is a spreadsheet editor offered by Google that helps you create, update, and modify data online. It allows you to easily access and share data online. You should have a Google account to export data to Google Sheets.
Export to Google Sheet feature in Vtiger
This feature helps you export List View records to Google Sheets, either a new spreadsheet or an existing one.
Benefits of exporting data to a Google Sheet
- Helps users access voluminous data
- Helps users quickly share data online
- Saves time
- Requires low implementation effort
You should have a Google account to:
- Use Google Sheets.
- Export data to Google Sheets from the CRM.
Exporting to Google Spreadsheets
In this section, let us learn how to export List View records..
Follow these steps to export CRM List View records to Google Spreadsheets:
- Log in to your CRM account.
- Go to a module whose records you want to export. This will take you to its List View.
3. Select a record by clicking the checkbox which appears when you hover the mouse
over a record. With this, the Actions bar pops up.
5. Select Export to Google. This will take you to the Export to Google Spreadsheet window.
6. Select one of the following options:
- Export records on the current page - This option exports all the records available on the existing page to a spreadsheet.
- Export all data (maximum 1000 records) - This option exports 1000 records available for the module to a spreadsheet.
- Create sheet and add data - This option creates a new spreadsheet and adds data to it. If you select this option, the Spreadsheet Name field pops up.
b. Add Data to Existing Spreadsheet - This option adds data to an existing
spreadsheet. If you select this option Select an Option dropdown pops up.
ii. Select an Option - Select a spreadsheet to which you want to add data.
8. Click Export. This will take you to your Gmail authentication screen.
9. Login to your Gmail account. If you have already logged in, choose an account to
export data to Google Sheets.
10. If the export is successful the Success message is displayed.
Note: You will have to authenticate your Gmail account the first time you log in. From then on you can export data to spreadsheets.
A spreadsheet is now successfully created or updated in your Google Sheets.
You have now successfully exported CRM List View records to Google Spreadsheets.
There are limitations in exporting data to to Google Spreadsheet
- Exporting all data is limited to a maximum of 1000 records.
- Exporting selected records is not allowed.
- Exporting data to an existing spreadsheet will update data only in the first page of the spreadsheet.