Articles in this section
Introduction to Kanban View
Table of Contents
Kanban views display data in an organized manner. They help give insights about potential blocks, help you plan and optimize your processes, and improve productivity.
Did you know the Kanban View displays information as a visual storyboard?
So what makes the Kanban view unique?
- Well, the Kanban View is a visual treat to the users for it displays data in neat little sections of information.
- While a List View displays records in a list, one after another, a Kanban View, segregates data based on the conditions you set.
- For example, consider the Kanban View in the Deals module. You can segregate deals based on the stages they are in - New, Qualifying, Ready to Close, Closed, Won, or Lost.
Displaying the Kanban View
The Kanban view feature is available in the following modules:
- Journey Templates
- Tasks and Events
Kanban View displays information as separate blocks of data called Kanban cards. And each Kanban card in a module Kanban View is referred to by the module name.
For example, in the above image, Kanban cards in the Deals Kanban View are called Deal Cards or Opportunity Cards.
To understand how to view Kanban cards, let us take the example of the Deals module.
Follow these steps to view a deal in the Kanban View:
- Go to the Main menu.
- Go to Sales.
- Go to Deals.
- Click on the Kanban View icon on the top right of the screen.
- You can use the Filters button to customize the view.
Note: You can shift to the List View by clicking the List View icon .
Sample Kanban View - Deals
Deals in the Kanban View are displayed as separate blocks of information called Deal Cards (Opportunity Cards). Each Deal Card shows deal and organization names. Clicking on a deal card takes you to the Summary View of that deal.
You can view the different stages a deal is in. The Kanban View in Deals displays deals in their various stages:
- Requirements Gathering
- Value Proposition
- Ready to Close
- Closed Won
- Closed Lost
Sales Stage Rules
- In the Kanban view, the Sales stage is the anchor field used for showing deals.
- All the records associated with the particular Sales Stage are displayed depending on the lists you have selected.
- You can drag and drop the Kanban card to change the Sales Stage. All the Closed and Won deals are marked with a green, and Closed Lost deals are marked with red. The Closed deal card will appear in the Sales Stage it previously was before the Closed, Won, or Lost Status.
- You can sort the cards by Amount, Organization Name, Assigned To, Created Time, etc. Sort them in either ascending or descending order.
- To search for a particular record, you need to go to List view and perform the search operation. The same result will be shown in the Kanban view.
- List conditions are used to filter the data shown in the Kanban view.
For example, List conditions = ‘Show only Opportunities that are not Closed Won or Closed Lost.’ Any deal that is closed, won, or lost will not appear at any stage.
- Any deal that is closed, won, or lost is displayed under the deal stage, where it was closed.
For example, a deal that was closed in the negotiation stage will appear under the Negotiation sales stage.
- Any user not having access to the sales stage field cannot see the Kanban view icon.
- Any user not having access to a particular sales stage(s) as per Role cannot view those restricted stages.
- Any user not having edit access to the sales stage field cannot drag and drop across stages.
Displaying the Summary View from a Kanban View
Now, clicking on any Kanban card will take you to the Summary View of that card or record.
In our example, clicking on a deal card takes you to the Summary View of that deal record.
In a deal record’s Summary View, you can:
- View details about the record, activities that have been performed, alerts and notifications, journey tasks, and widgets.
- Change the deal stage.
- Perform actions using the Do button.
- Dive deep into record details using the Deep Dive button.
You can perform the following actions in a deal card:
- Open deal details in a new tab
- Edit deal data
- Delete a deal
- Add an event to a deal.