Articles in this section
Access CRM data offline via Vtiger 360
Table of Contents
- Access CRM data on Vtiger 360 even when you are not connected to the internet.
- Synchronize recent updates in Vtiger 360 before heading out for a sales meeting to access the data offline.
- View and update records you own in the offline mode and sync it with Vtiger server data once you’re connected to the internet.
Why do you need Offline availability?
Sales associates who work on the field are not always guaranteed an internet connection. With offline availability in Vtiger 360, you can continue to access Calendar, customer data, Opportunity details and update records on the go.
Offline mode is available for all users of Vtiger 360.
Vtiger 360-Offline Working Architecture
The below images describes how the Vtiger 360 application works in offline mode.
Records Assigned to Me: Only records assigned to you are available in offline mode.
Last Sync time
Shows the time when offline data was last synchronized.
Data get synchronized automatically only when you are in Online mode.
Following actions is performed during sync process
- Server data is moved to the device.
- Offline changes are synchronized with the server.
You can also synchronize the data manually by following the below steps:
- Go to left menu bar > click on Settings.
- Select Offline Settings > Last sync time > click on SYNC NOW button.
NOTE! The sync process is done in the background and processing time is dependent on the amount of data to be synchronized.
Merge Offline data with server data
Let’s say an online user and an offline user updates a value of the same field of a record. After synchronization, the value which is entered by an online user is retained in the field.
What happens when I lose network connection?
When your internet connectivity drops, you’re redirected to work on offline mode. To work offline, click OK option in the network alert as shown below.
All the records assigned to you which are recently synced with the server are available on your mobile device.
What’s not available in Offline mode?
- Dashboard widgets.
- Invoice, Purchase order, Payments, and Subscription.
- Quotes and Sales order.
- Related record tabs.
|Create/Edit a record.||Compose an Email and save it as draft.|
|Create an Event from Calendar.||Create an Event/Task from Record view|
|Create a Task from Task Manager.||Add a comment to any record.|
|Search recently synced records.||Attach a document/ upload an image.|
|Log a call.||Delete a record.|